· 1 loaf sprouted Manna bread (SunSeed, Multigrain, Millet Rice or Whole Rye)
· 1 loaf Manna Organics Bavarian Sourdough bread
· 1 cup chopped blanched carrots
· 1 ½ cups chopped onions
· 1 cup chopped celery
· 1 cup olive oil or Earth Balance spread
· 4 cups vegetable broth
· 1 tbs dried sage (fresh sage: use 6 leaves)
· 2 tbs Spike or other herbal seasoning
· salt and pepper
· sliced amonds, raisins, cranberries to taste. Soak for 1 hr in a little water before using.
Cut bread into 1 inch cubes into a Pyrex pan. Preheat oven to 370 F.
Sautee the onions, celery and carrots. Add the sage, Spike, salt and pepper. Mix into the pyrex pan with the bread cubes. Now, add the soaked almonds, raisins and/or cranberries.
Add broth. You want the bread moist but not soggy.
Cover and bake for 30 min. at 370 F. Then remove cover and continue baking for approx. 30 minutes, until the top is crusty.
Happy Holidays from your Manna team!